Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Getting Started

I'm not entirely sure how to start one of these things, seeing how I haven't had a blog since I was in middle school... As such, I'll default to talking about who I am and what you can expect to read about here.

I'm a senior student enrolled in my last quarter at the Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA. What I've studied up to this point is pretty irrelevant seeing how it has no relationship to the work I'm doing nowadays. Instead, I am working in the metals and wood shops on campus learning different crafts. Much of my time is spent working at the Evergreen Bike Shop--a D.I.Y. space for working on bicycles. I'm usually split between mechanical stuff and administrative work, so I don't know how much time I'll have for posting in this, but I thought It'd be helpful for myself...

(Cog)nitive Dissonance--besides being a catchy sorta-pun--describes my relationship with bicycles. I still consider myself novice in regards of the material I will be approaching, and am constantly struggling with the often contradicting facets of information that I come across regarding bicycle design and 'culture' (excuse me bike snob.) So a lot of what I'll write about will be my experience with these different schools of thought applied in real life scenarios and what my findings are.

Besides that, I'll write about a few different bike topics: taller frames and bike fit, PNW cycling, 'nuovo-retro' design, old french bikes, brazing techniques, frame building, off-roading, bicycle co-ops, competition vs. commuter cycling, and other stuff I guesssss. It'll get more exciting as it develops, promise.

-----

Anywhos, all that aside here is a sneak peak of what my design will be:


No comments:

Post a Comment